Easy Baked Apple & Chicken Skewers Recipe Is What Fall Is All About by 30Seconds Food
Pieces of boneless chicken and tart apples are soaked in a honey mustard sauce before being skewered and baked to juicy perfection. Because of the apples, this easy kebab recipe just screams fall. And it's baked, so no need to fire up the grill.
You could use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast and add other vegetables like red onion, red peppers or even pieces of butternut or acorn squash. Serve this easy dinner with your favorite side dishes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes (you could substitute chicken thighs)
- 2 apples, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the honey, mustard, olive oil and herbs. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put the chicken into a plastic food storage bag or shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Toss to coat. (You can let this sit 30 minutes to overnight, if you have time, or cook immediately.)
- Thread the chicken and apples onto metal skewers or wooden skewers. (Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes in water before using.) Put onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
We may occasionally reference products or brands in our content based on a contributor’s personal use or opinion. But 30Seconds is in no way affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties or guarantees about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program, which means we may earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.