Geoffrey Zakarian's Microwave Salmon Recipe Means Dinner in 5 Minutes by Donna John
"Real chefs use microwaves, and anyone who tells you differently is lying, " writes Chef Zakarian on the Food Network's website. "Microwaves are a great hack for achieving perfectly cooked salmon, every time. I made this whole dish in just a few minutes, and it’s perfect if you’re cooking for yourself, or a small family. The salmon comes out soft without overcooking, and it’s a restaurant-quality dish you can easily make at home."
Chef Zakarian served his microwaved salmon with asparagus and Maître D'Hôtel Butter, a combination of anchovies, horseradish, honey, Dijon mustard, butter, lemon and parsley. But serve it with whatever vegetable and side dish you enjoy.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 to 2 1/2 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 farm-raised skinless salmon fillets, about 5 ounces each
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Put the salmon fillets into a shallow bowl or plate. Drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover the bowl or plate tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on 50 percent power in 1-minute increments until salmon is cooked to your liking, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.