Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe Is a Satisfying Mexican Dinner by Melissa Vickers
Here’s an enchilada casserole recipe that takes typical Mexican dish ingredients and bakes them layered in a round pan. You can determine which ingredients you like, and either cook it in a springform pan or in a cast iron skillet as I did here. The springform pan allows you to remove the outer ring and cut slices easily, but the skillet worked well enough.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 5 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated Mexican cheese blend or your favorite cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat oil in large skillet and sauté the mushrooms. Remove to a bowl.
- Cook chicken and onion in skillet until onions are soft. Add chilies and enchilada sauce and cook until heated through.
- Place one tortilla in a cast iron skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Add about 1 cup of the meat mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese. Place a second tortilla on top and add layer of mushrooms with additional cheese. Add another tortilla and add another cup or so of meat and more cheese. Repeat for a fourth layer, and place fivth tortilla on top of everything and add the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, shredded lettuce, sour cream, etc. Whatever you like!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.