The Pioneer Woman's Pesto Egg Puff Pastry Squares With Ham by 30Seconds Food
Easy pesto egg puff pastry squares from The Pioneer Woman (aka Ree Drummond) are heavenly! Ree says the puff pastry squares are great for breakfast. But we think you could serve them for lunch, brunch, dinner or even as appetizers.
"Packed with eggs, cheese, spinach and ham, and with a delicious flavor punch from pesto, they can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge to grab and go," writes Ree.
Serve these delicious puff pastry squares hot or cold. You can use store-bought pesto or homemade pesto.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 7 large eggs (divided)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1 box (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons everything seasoning
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Beat 6 of the eggs together in a bowl. When the butter has melted, add the beaten eggs, spinach and pesto, along with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Scramble the eggs until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and fold in the fontina.
- Beat together the remaining egg and a splash of cold water in a small bowl to make an egg wash. Set aside.
- Lay out the two sheets of puff pastry and roll them into 9x10-inch rectangles. Cut each into six 3x5-inch rectangles. Divide the egg mixture among six of the puff pastry rectangles, leaving a 1 centimeter border around the edges. Fold the ham and place it on top of the eggs. Brush the borders with the egg wash and top each with another puff pastry rectangle. Using a fork, crimp the edges to seal. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle with the everything seasoning. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until golden, about 15 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Photos: The Food Network via YouTube
We may occasionally reference products or brands in our content based on a contributor’s personal use or opinion. But 30Seconds is in no way affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties or guarantees about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program, which means we may earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The Pioneer Woman Cookbooks $5 & Up
Pesto $3 & Up
Baking Sheets $7 & Up
Everything Seasoning $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.