30-Minute Amish Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe: The Taste of Stuffed Peppers Without All the Work by Mindy Hudon, M.S., CCC-SLP
Love stuffed peppers but hate the preparation? Here’s how to get that flavor you love in a soup – courtesy of the Amish!
This easy stuffed pepper soup recipe is ready in 30 minutes and has all the comfort feels of eating a stuffed pepper. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread and dinner is done.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey ground
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped green peppers
- 2/3 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- shredded cheese, for serving (optional)
Here’s how you make it:
- Brown the meat and onions in a large soup pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Simmer over low heat until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve with shredded cheese.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Slow Cookers $20 & Up
Crushed Tomatoes $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.