Easy Korean-Glazed Baked Country Pork Ribs Recipe Is Fantastic by Donna John
When I take out a pack of country ribs for dinner, it's because I'm craving my five-ingredient brown sugar ribs. Deciding to try something new with these pork ribs, I chose to go Asian. Korean to be exact. Wow, was I glad I made that last-minute play call! These Korean-glazed pork ribs are fantastic.
The simple Korean sauce is used as the basting liquid and also the sauce to serve with the ribs. The sauce has strong Asian flavors and complements the pork perfectly. Use the leftover ribs for fried rice the next night.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 - 3 pounds pork country ribs
Sauce and Glaze
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I used low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I used fresh)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce or sambal oelek (I used sambal oelek)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or Asian chili oil (I used Asian chili oil)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the ribs onto a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put another sheet of foil on top and seal edges to create a poach. Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Divide the mixture in half (it does not have to be perfectly in half).
- Remove the ribs from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Baste the ribs and return to the oven. Cook the ribs about 30 more minutes, basting with the sauce every 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped chives or green onions. Serve with the reserved sauce.
Note: You can use boneless country ribs or ribs with bones for this recipe. Mine was a mixed pack with both.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.