6-Ingredient Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe Is a One-Pan Dinner Winner (No Dairy, No Oil) by Donna John
Another six-ingredient recipe? Yep! These easy chicken breasts are simmered in a simple coconut curry sauce – and there's no dairy or oil in the recipe. With minimal ingredients and cooking time, this one-pan recipe was quickly put into my recipe rotation.
Serve this coconut curry chicken recipe over rice for a quick dinner. A side of broccolini, sugar snap peas, snow peas or your favorite vegetable would round out the meal. It's also great for meal prepping.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk, shaken
- 3 green onions, chopped (plus for more garish)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (or to taste)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut milk in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brown on both sides. Remove to a plate.
- Put another tablespoon of coconut milk into the pan. Add the green onions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the ginger, lime juice and zest and red curry paste. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until it begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Put the chicken back into the pan with the sauce. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes depending on thickness of the chicken. Garnish with additional chopped green onions.
Note: Because it's just the two of us, I only used two chicken breasts, but did not cut the sauce in half.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Red Curry Paste $3 & Up
Coconut Milk $3 & Up
Nonstick Frying Pan $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.