Loaf Pan Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Defies Logic (But Works) by Melissa Vickers
Chicken pot pie is the epitome of comfort food. I’ve always loved a good pot pie for dinner, especially the crust. I grew up eating the frozen ones that I liked as a kid. The frozen ones have improved since then!
This chicken pot pie recipe is simple and makes use of a refrigerated pie crust – and it’s cooked in a loaf pan for a smaller pie. The round crust gets draped on the rectangular pan, proving, I suppose, that you can put a round pie crust in a square (rectangular) hole!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 crust from a box (14 ounces) refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crusts (2 count), softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute (or your favorite seasoning)
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Here’s how to make it:
- Spray a 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Unfold pie crust and place in bottom and up sides of the pan. Let edges of crust fall over outside of pan.
- In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and seasoning. Cook and stir 30 to 60 seconds or until thickened. Stir in frozen vegetables and chicken. Stir in broth and whipping cream. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Cook 1 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Pour into crust-lined pan. Drape crust loosely over filling.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is deep golden brown. Filling will be saucy. Let stand 10 minutes for serving.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
We may occasionally reference products or brands in our content based on a contributor’s personal use or opinion. But 30Seconds is in no way affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties or guarantees about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program, which means we may earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $6 & Up
Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute $5 & Up
Seasonings $3 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.