Loaf Pan Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe Deliciously Defies Logic by Melissa Vickers
Chicken pot pie is the epitome of comfort food. I’ve always loved a good pot pie for dinner, especially the crust. I grew up eating the frozen ones that I liked as a kid. The frozen ones have improved since then! This chicken pot pie recipe is simple and makes use of a refrigerated pie crust – and it’s cooked in a loaf pan for a smaller pie. The round crust gets draped on the rectangular pan, proving, I suppose, that you can put a round pie crust in a square (rectangular) hole!
You don't need a long list of ingredients either for this chicken pot pie recipe. All you need is a box of refrigerated pie crusts, butter, flour, seasoning of choice, frozen mixed vegetables, cooked chicken, broth and heavy whipping cream. The filling is prepared in the stovetop then poured into a loaf pan that's lined with a pie crust. The crust is folded over the filling and baked for about 45 minutes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 crust from a box (14 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 count), softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute (or your favorite seasoning)
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Here’s how to make it:
- Spray a 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Unfold pie crust and place in bottom and up sides of the pan. Let edges of crust fall over outside of pan.
- In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and seasoning. Cook and stir 30 to 60 seconds or until thickened. Stir in frozen vegetables and chicken. Stir in broth and whipping cream. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Cook 1 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Pour into crust-lined pan. Drape crust loosely over filling.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is deep golden brown. Filling will be saucy. Let stand 10 minutes for serving.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.