Blueberry Vanilla Toaster Pastry Pancakes Recipe Is What to Make With Your Kids by Pamela's Products
We have combined two childhood favorites to create toaster pastry pancakes! The blueberry vanilla toaster pastry pancakes recipe is gluten-free, made with premium ingredients like cultured buttermilk and almond meal and contains 8 grams of whole grains per serving.
It's a childhood favorite recipe that has been turned into a gluten-free and a little bit healthier treat! These are super fun to make and would be a great Saturday morning activity.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 bag (24 ounces) Pamela's Pancake & Baking Mix (or your favorite baking mix)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup ice water
Blueberry Vanilla Compote
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- To make the pie crust, combine the baking mix and sugar in a bowl. Cut chilled butter through flour mixture with two knifes, pastry cutter or with paddle attachment from a stand mixer until butter is in very small pieces. Add oil, then add ice water slowly until the dough comes together, it should not be sticky. You may not need to add all the water.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper or wax paper. Dough should be thin, about 1/8 inches. Peel the top paper off dough and measure circles to be about 6 inches in diameter. Start the process again with the leftovers dough. Refrigerate when done.
- To make the blueberry vanilla compote, place the blueberries and the vanilla into a pan. Cook for about 10 minutes. Using a hand blender, blend all the ingredients together.
- To make the blue icing, using an electric mixer, beat butter, spirulina and powdered sugar until creamy. Add more powdered sugar for desired consistency. If you want the icing to be a little runnier, add a little bit of water or milk/cream.
- To make the toaster pastries, Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, place half the circles that you have on the parchment paper. Add 1 tablespoon of compote in the center of the dough. Then add another dough circle on top of each one. With the help of the fork, press the edge of the dough together. Make an X on the center of the circle to let the steam come out. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, remove from the oven. Let it cool and then add the icing on top with some sprinkles.
Photo: Pamela's Products
We may occasionally reference products or brands in our content based on a contributor’s personal use or opinion. But 30Seconds is in no way affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties or guarantees about specific products mentioned in our content. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program, which means we may earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Blue Spirulina $10 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Pastry Cutters $6 & Up
Stand Mixers $50 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Hand-held Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.