Barefoot Contessa's Outrageous Brownies Recipe: The Best Brownie Recipe Ever by Donna John
Ina Garten (aka Barefoot Contessa) says this is the most popular item she's ever made when she was selling desserts. It's not hard to understand why. We love our brownies. Rich, moist and decadent, this may be one of the best brownie recipes you'll ever make.
If you want even more brownies, try this three-ingredient brownie recipe, symphony brownie recipe, lunch lady brownie recipe and The Pioneer Women's knock-you-naked brownies.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Servings: Makes 20 brownies
- 1 pound (16 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 pound (16 ounces) plus 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips and the unsweetened chocolate together in a bowl over boiling water. Remove and cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, gently stir the eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar together. Stir in the warm melted chocolate mixture. Cool to room temperature.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together 1 cup of the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- In another bowl, toss together the remaining 12 ounces of chocolate chips and the flour. Fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter onto an 12x18x1-inch baking sheet that's been buttered and floured.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes. Tap the baking sheet on the oven rack to release any air, then bake another 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake! Cool completely then refrigerate before cutting into squares.
Recipe created by The Barefoot Contessa.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Unsweetened Chocolate $4 & Up
Instant Coffee Granules $5 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Walnuts $4 & Up
12x18x1-inch Baking Sheets $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.