Best Blueberry Scones Recipe (Plus the Secret to Light & Flaky Scones) by 30Seconds Food
Scones should be firm, but tender on the inside. That's sometimes hard to achieve for bakers. But with research, we discovered the secret to tender, moist, sweet scones: frozen butter! Really.
For this easy blueberry scone recipe, put the butter in the freezer the night before baking. The easiest way to incorporate it evenly into the batter is by using a grater. A simple technique that results in the best scones.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 9 scones
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (divided)
- 6 tablespoons butter, frozen overnight
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Vanilla Glaze (Optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the flour, baking powder and 1 cup of sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Grate the butter into the bowl. Add the eggs, cream and vanilla. Stir until well combined, then knead for 1 minute.
- Mix in the blueberries. Do not overmix.
- Roll the batter to a 1-inch thickness with a rolling pin. Cut 3-inch wide triangles out. Put the scones onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- If using the optional glaze, whisk together all the ingredients until smooth. Dip the tops of the scones into the glaze or drizzle over the top.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.