Crazy Good Roasted Cauliflower Hummus Recipe With Crispy Baked Chickpeas by Donna John
Serve this creamy cauliflower hummus recipe with pita bread. It's a healthy appetizer or snack any time. (If you forget things like me, be sure to set a timer for 20 minutes to take the chickpeas out of the oven and then set it for 10 minutes more for the cauliflower.) Add more lemon juice, salt, pepper and seasonings to suit your tastes.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 can (29 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- crumbled feta, for serving
- kalamata olives, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cauliflower into a baking dish. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and the lemon rind. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, toss together 1 can of the chickpeas with the smoked paprika, ground cumin, coriander and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Put both pans into the oven and bake at 425-degree F until cauliflower is golden and tender, about 30 minutes, and chickpeas are golden and crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Put almost all the cauliflower into the blender (save some for garnish) along with the remaining 1 can of chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini and garlic. Pulse until smooth. Add the 1/4 cup of olive oil and blend until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put the hummus into a serving bowl. Top with the saved roasted cauliflower and chickpeas. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and garnish with kalamata olives. Serve with pita bread.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.