Sometimes you just need Asian food in your life. When I saw a sirloin steak and broccoli in the refrigerator, I knew a beef and broccoli stir fry was on the menu. This easy broccoli beef recipe has quick prep, cooks in 10 minutes and tastes better than takeout. Seriously.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (divided)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak, flank steak or your favorite steak, cut into thin 1-inch pieces (I used sirloin steak)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, sliced
Here's how to make it:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water in a bowl. In another bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef (don't crowd the pan) and brown on both sides. (I did this in two batches.) Remove to a plate.
- Add the broccoli and onion. Cook until broccoli is crisp-tender or to your desired doneness. (Tip: If you want softer broccoli, add a tablespoon of water to help steam it.)
- Add the beef back to the skillet and pour in the sauce. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Jasmine Rice $2 & Up
Asian Noodles $2 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Brown Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.