Creamy Skinny Alfredo Sauce Recipe Is Ready in 10 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Who doesn't love alfredo sauce? But face it: there are a lot of calories in regular alfredo sauce. The butter, cream, cheese. Oh, my. This easy low-calorie alfredo sauce recipe is rich and creamy, but uses Neufchâtel or low-fat cream cheese, less butter and low-fat milk. And this skinny recipe cooks in less than 10 minutes!
Serve this creamy healthier alfredo sauce recipe over fresh pasta, dried pasta, chicken, fish, shrimp or even vegetables. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Enough for 12 ounces of pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Neufchâtel or low-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Add the cream cheese and Parmesan. Stir until smooth, about 1 minute.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepans $10 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Pasta Cookbooks $5 & Up
Dried Pasta $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.