Juicy One-Pan Beef Steak Tips Recipe In a Rich, Savory Mushroom Gravy by 30Seconds Food
Tender, juicy beef steak with succulent mushrooms and a savory gravy made with red wine is what's on the menu this week. These tender steak bites with mushrooms are in a savory, rich gravy and cook in about 30 minutes. These one-pan steak tips are absolutely delicious.
To make these beef steak tips you will need butter, mushrooms, onion, garlic, a pound of beef to cut into tips, flour, olive oil, red wine (pick one you can drink the rest of with your meal!), beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. For serving, you will need either egg noodles, rice or potatoes. The whole meal cooks in a skillet on the stovetop.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, sirloin, flank or your favorite steak, cut into bite-sized strips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup flour (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 can (14 ounces) low-sodium beef broth (divided)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Press
- Pepper Grinder
- Wooden Spoon
- Instead of white mushrooms, you could do a combination with cremini, wild mushrooms, shiitake or sliced portabella mushrooms.
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the onion and cook for another 2 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Remove the vegetables to a plate.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons flour and toss to coat. Add the olive oil to the skillet. When hot, brown the steak and remove to a plate.
- Add the red wine and cook, stirring up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour 1/2 cup of the beef broth into a bowl and set aside. Add the remaining beef broth to the pan along with the Worcestershire sauce. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the 1/4 cup flour into the reserved beef broth until smooth. Pour it into the skillet and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and onions and beef back into the skillet. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until beef is cooked to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over egg noodles, rice or potatoes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 26.2g
Saturated Fat: 10.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 9.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
Total Sugars: 3.4g
Vitamin D: 210mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.