Tender One-Pan Steak Bites Recipe With Mushrooms & Savory Gravy by 30Seconds Food
Tender, juicy beef steak with succulent mushrooms and a savory gravy made with red wine is what's on the menu this week. Use whatever cut of steak you enjoy, from flank to ribeye to sirloin to tenderloin. Instead of white mushrooms, you could do a combination with cremini, wild mushrooms, shiitake or sliced portabella mushrooms.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, sirloin, flank or your favorite steak, cut into bite-sized strips
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 can (14 ounces) low-sodium beef broth (divided)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the onion and cook for another 2 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Remove the vegetables to a plate.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the flour and toss to coat. Add the olive oil to the skillet. When hot, brown the steak and remove to a plate.
- Add the red wine and cook, stirring up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour 1/2 cup of the beef broth into a bowl and set aside. Add the remaining beef broth to the pan along with the Worcestershire sauce. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the flour into the reserved beef broth until smooth. Pour it into the skillet and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and onions and beef back into the skillet. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until beef is cooked to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over egg noodles, rice or potatoes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.