Crunchy Italian Chicken Recipe With Parmesan & Mozzarella Is Gluten-free by Donna John
This crunchy chicken breast recipe was inspired by my Parmesan-crusted chicken recipe. Instead of just Parmesan cheese, I added some mozzarella and Italian seasoning. The chicken is crispy, juicy and has fantastic flavor.
Serve this quick and easy chicken recipe with a vegetable and either a grain, potato, rice or pasta. I served mine with cacio e pepe ravioli and broccoli. This is definitely a recipe for your nonstick pan, so no cast iron skillets here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded out to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the egg, water and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Put the shredded Parmesan and mozzarella cheese onto a plate. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and the Italian seasoning, to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture then dredge in the cheese, pressing to that it adheres to the chicken. Put into the hot oil and cook without moving for about 4 minutes. (This helps the chicken form a crust so it doesn't stick to the pan.) Carefully flip with a spatula and cook about 2 to 3 more minutes on the other side, or until cooked through.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Nonstick Skillets $8 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chicken Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.