3-Ingredient Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Recipe Will Not Disappoint by Donna John
With the success and popularity of my baked chicken recipes like Caesar chicken, creamy Italian chicken, harissa roasted chicken, orange baked chicken, ranch baked chicken, brown sugar baked chicken, company chicken and French chicken (to name a few!), another creation had to happen. And it did. This time a bottle of honey mustard salad dressing deliciously took center stage in the new chicken recipe.
This easy honey mustard baked chicken recipe has just three ingredients and, like all the rest, minimal prep. Start by sprinkling chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Pour the honey mustard salad dressing over the chicken and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until cooked through. Right before serving, sprinkle with your favorite cheese.
The dressing and chicken drippings create a rich sauce that tastes amazing drizzled over rice or potatoes. This is one baked chicken recipe you will turn to again and again for busy weeknight dinners.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes (approximately)
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 - 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) honey mustard salad dressing (I used Ken's Honey Dijon Salad Dressing)
- shredded mozzarella cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- parsley flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Pour the salad dressing into a baking dish. Put the chicken on top of the dressing (see note below).
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature). Toward the end of baking baste with the sauce. Right before serving, top with the cheese and cook about 2 minutes more to melt the cheese. Sprinkle with parsley flakes, if using.
Note: Because of comments on previous recipes with concerns about the skin not getting crisp enough, instead of coating the chicken all over with the salad dressing, I tried not putting it on the skin until the end of the baking time. I preferred coating the chicken all over with the dressing at the beginning, but either way results in delicious chicken. You can broil it a couple minutes, too, to crisp up the cheese and skin, if desired.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.