Open-faced Tuna Sandwich Recipe With Avocado Is Tasty Healthy Food by 30Seconds Food
It's time to put some health into lunch or dinner with this quick, light tuna sandwich recipe. Did you know...
- Sesame seeds are a good source of protein, B vitamins, healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants? They may help regulate blood sugar, reduce arthritis pain and even lower cholesterol.
- Avocados are loaded with folate, magnesium, potassium, vitamins C, E, K and B6, healthy fats and omega-3 fatty acids. They may help reduce heart disease risk, improve gut health and overall wellness.
- Canned tuna is packed with healthy vitamins and minerals, too, and may lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, to name a few.
- Onions contain antioxidants and compounds that may help fight inflammation, reduce triglycerides and reduce cholesterol. Reducing inflammation may help reduce blood pressure.
We've combined these healthy ingredients in a delicious, no-cook open-face sandwich recipe. This easy tuna sandwich has mashed avocado, sesame seeds, crispy red onion, lemon juice (it may help reduce inflammation!) and healthy tuna. Serve for a quick lunch or a light dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 slices ciabatta, multigrain or artisan bread, toasted
- 1 can oil-packed tuna or water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 - 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- sesame seeds
- sliced red onion
Here's how to make it:
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, to taste, and salt and pepper.
- Put the toasted bread slices onto a plate. Spread the mashed avocado over the bread.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Top with the drained tuna and sliced red onion.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sesame Seeds $4 & Up
Can Tuna in Oil $2 & Up
Can Tuna in Water $1 & Up
Healthy Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.