Cheesy Cauliflower Patties Recipe Is a Quick Side Dish or Fun Appetizer by 30Seconds Food
Cauliflower can be prepared in so many different ways. This pan-fried cauliflower patties recipe has just a few simple ingredients and tastes amazing. With a hint of garlic, cheddar cheese and parsley, this cauliflower recipe is a family-friendly side dish with dinner or a fun appetizer served with yogurt or ranch for dipping.
You can make these cauliflower patties the day ahead. Keep them covered in the refrigerator and take them out when you're ready to cook. Fresh cilantro, thyme or chives could be substituted for the parsley. To change up the flavor, stir some smoked paprika, turmeric, curry powder of your favorite spice into the batter.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 small (about 1 pound) cauliflower, florets and stem roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs (divided)
- olive oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cauliflower, garlic and parsley into a food processor or blender. Pulse to coarsely chop. (You may have to do this in batches.) Add the cheese, 4 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs and salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse until the mixture becomes "sticky," but not mushy. Do not overmix.
- Form the mixture into patties and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties for about 2 minutes per side or until golden. Remove to a paper towel and repeat with remaining patties.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.