Culver's Butter Burgers Copycat Recipe: A Delicious Burger Recipe From Wisconsin by 30Seconds Food
What's a butter burger? A butter burger is a cheeseburger topped with butter, either on the bun itself or on the patty. It's said the butter burger was invented in Wisconsin and made popular by Culver's, a fast food restaurant.
If you don't have a Culver's in your area, no worries! You can make a butter burger at home. This easy copycat burger recipe is a fun weeknight or weekend dinner or lunch the whole family will enjoy – especially butter lovers. You could add lettuce and tomato for a fresh element.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature (divided)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- American cheese slices
Here's how to make it:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 7 minutes. Add the water and continue to cook until onions are golden brown, about 15 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a bowl.
- Form the ground beef into six patties. Season with salt and pepper. Put into the skillet over high heat. Cook, pressing down with a spatula, until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Put the buns onto a serving platter. Smear the tops of the buns with about 2 tablespoons of butter each. Put the cheese onto the bottom bun. Top with a burger patty and some of the onions. Add the top bun and serve immediately.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.