Butter Burgers Copycat Recipe: A Delicious Burger Recipe From Wisconsin by 30Seconds Food
What's a butter burger? A butter burger is a cheeseburger topped with butter, either on the bun itself or on the patty. It's said the butter burger was invented in Wisconsin and made popular by Culver's, a fast food restaurant.
If you don't have a Culver's in your area, no worries! You can make a butter burger at home. This easy copycat burger recipe is a fun weeknight or weekend dinner or lunch the whole family will enjoy – especially butter lovers.
To make this copycat recipe you will need just five ingredients. Here's what you'll need to gather: butter, onions, ground beef, hamburger buns and American cheese slices. You could add lettuce and tomato for a fresh element.
Serve these hot and juicy cheeseburgers for lunch or dinner with your favorite burger sides (think potato salad, cole slaw, fench fries, tater tots, etc.). These would be great served at your next tailgating party or while watching the big game.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) plus 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature (divided)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- American cheese slices
- Try this recipe with ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- If you want toppings on your burger, go for it! Add sliced onions, lettuce, tomato, jalapenos or whatever you like.
Here's how to make it:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 7 minutes. Add the water and continue to cook until onions are golden brown, about 15 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a bowl.
- Form the ground beef into six patties. Season with salt and pepper. Put into the skillet over high heat. Cook, pressing down with a spatula, until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Put the buns onto a serving platter. Smear the tops of the buns with about 2 tablespoons of butter each. Put the cheese onto the bottom bun. Top with a burger patty and some of the onions. Add the top bun and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 39.4g
Saturated Fat: 23.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 26g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6g
Total Sugars: 5.7g
Vitamin D: 19mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.