Man Pleasin' Mini Butter Barbecue Meatloaf Recipe Like Mom Used to Make by Bill Heleine
There are so many different ways to make meatloaf – from Amish sauerkraut meatloaf to steak sauce meatloaf to gochujang meatloaf to firefighter's meatloaf to turkey and stuffing meatloaf. This mini meatloaf recipe is actually my mother's recipe with a few tweaks from me!
The mini meatloaves are simply ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, chopped green pepper, chopped onion and ketchup all mixed together. The butter barbecue sauce is prepared with butter (of course), chopped onion, ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper. The sauce simmers quickly on the stovetop and then is poured over the meatloaves before they're baked. Amazing.
We enjoy this butter barbecue meatloaf recipe with mashed potatoes and a vegetable. Slice the leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Butter Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Here's how to make it:
- To make the meat loaves, combine the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, green pepper, ketchup and salt and pepper, to taste. Shape into small loaves (about six or so). Place in an aluminum foil-lined baking pan.
- To make the butter barbecue sauce, melt the butter in a saucepot. Add the onions and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer about 3 more minutes.
- Cover the meat loaves before baking with the barbecue sauce. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $8 & Up
Aluminum Foil $3 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.