Crispy Southern Salmon Patties Recipe Is a 20-Minute Budget Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Salmon patties and tuna patties are usually family-pleasing dinner options. The ingredients don't cost a small fortune either. This easy southern salmon patties recipe is super crispy on the outside, and moist and flavorful on the inside.
Nothing fancy is in this easy crispy southern salmon patties recipe. To make the recipe, you'll need canned salmon, mayonnaise, one lemon, an egg, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay Seasoning and crackers. The ingredients are mixed together, formed into patties and pan-fried in a little cooking oil. Be sure to put the patties onto a paper towel to absorb any excess oil before serving.
Serve this budget-friendly recipe with a fresh garden salad and your family's favorite vegetable. Don't forget the sauce! These salmon cakes are yum dipped in fry sauce, tartar sauce, Cajun dipping sauce or aioli. The leftovers make a delicious salmon sandwich.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 8 patties
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 egg
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 30 crackers (saltine crackers or butter crackers), crushed (divided)
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the salmon, mayonnaise, lemon juice, egg, green onions, Worcestershire sauce and Old Bay in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add about half of the crushed cracker crumbs. Stir to combine. Form the mixture into patties.
- Put the remaining cracker crumbs onto a plate. Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge the salmon patties in the crushed crumbs and place in the hot oil . Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Can Salmon $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Old Bay Seasoning $4 & Up
Saltine Crackers $2 & Up
Butter Crackers $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.