Homemade BBQ Potato Chips Recipe: Bake or Fry These Crispy Barbecue Potato Chips by 30Seconds Food
Love snacking on a bag of barbecue potato chips? These crispy potato chips are as American as apple pie. Did you know you can make homemade BBQ potato chips? So instead of chips that have been sitting on a store shelf, you'll get to enjoy hot, fresh, just fried (or baked) chips.
This homemade barbecue potato chip recipe can be deep fried or baked in the oven. Either way, you're rewarded with crispy, crunchy potatoes chips.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (fried) or 25 minutes (baked)
Total Time: 20 to 35 minutes
- 1 pound russet potatoes (about 2 large), washed, dried and sliced very thin (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the paprika, garlic powder, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To fry the potato chips, fill a large deep skillet or deep fryer with oil. Heat to 375 degrees F. Fry the potatoes in batches for about 3 to 4 minutes (don't overcrowd the fryer) or until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel. Immediately sprinkle with the seasonings. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- To bake the potato chips, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the potatoes with about 3 tablespoons of oil and the barbecue seasoning. Put onto baking sheets in a single layer. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Watch the chips close at the end because they can burn quickly.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Deep Skillets $10 & Up
Deep Fryers $20 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.