How to Make the Family Meal Spaghetti Sauce Recipe From Hulu's "The Bear" by Kevin Lynch
Hulu's The Bear series had our hearts pumping, emotions flowing – and stomachs growling. Chef Carmy whipped up some delicious food during the eight episodes.
No spoilers, but he used those valuable 28-ounce cans of San Marzano tomatoes to make what appeared to be an authentic, fabulous tomato sauce recipe for the restaurant's family meal. It must be good because the spaghetti sauce recipe went viral on TikTok.
I decided to join the trend and make the spaghetti sauce recipe from The Bear. Here's how to do it, step by step.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- fresh basil leaves
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 large onion, ends trimmed, cut in half and peeled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) San Marzano tomatoes
- spaghetti noodles
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the olive oil into a saucepot. Add the basil leaves, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook over low heat until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onion, cut side down, and cook until it begins to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put the cooled basil, garlic and oil mixture into a blender and puree.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the butter and onions. Crush the tomatoes with a spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Add the basil and garlic oil. Cover and simmer gently about 20 minutes.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Boil the spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
- Add the noodles to the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Serve with grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.