Best Oatmeal Pie Recipe: This Old-fashioned Oatmeal Pie Recipe Is Really, Really Good by Donna John
Baked oatmeal – like blueberry baked oatmeal, cranberry baked oatmeal, peanut butter baked oatmeal, apple pie baked oatmeal and Amish baked oatmeal – is still a trending way to use healthy oats. But when I saw this oatmeal pie recipe, I knew it had to make it. This easy pie recipe is good. I mean really good.
The original recipe didn't call for vanilla extract or cinnamon. I added about 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and a few good shakes of ground cinnamon. How could you go wrong? Serve the pie warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust (pre-made or homemade)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut (I used unsweetened coconut flakes)
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the milk, eggs, butter, oats, sugar and coconut in a mixing bowl. Add vanilla and cinnamon, if using. Pour into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for about 30 more minutes or until center is set.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Quick Oats $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Shredded Coconut $2 & Up
Mixing Bowls $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.