Best Oatmeal Pie Recipe: This Old-fashioned Oatmeal Pie Recipe Is Really, Really Good by Donna John
Baked oatmeal – like blueberry baked oatmeal, cranberry baked oatmeal, peanut butter baked oatmeal, apple pie baked oatmeal and Amish baked oatmeal – is still a trending way to use healthy oats. But when I saw this oatmeal pie recipe, I knew it had to make it. This easy pie recipe is good. I mean really good.
The original recipe didn't call for vanilla extract or cinnamon. I added about 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and a few good shakes of ground cinnamon. How could you go wrong? Serve the pie warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust (pre-made or homemade)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut (I used unsweetened coconut flakes)
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the milk, eggs, butter, oats, sugar and coconut in a mixing bowl. Add vanilla and cinnamon, if using. Pour into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for about 30 more minutes or until center is set.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.