How to Make Stabilized Whipped Cream: An Easy Stabilized Whipped Cream Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Stabilized whipped cream is whipped cream made with unflavored gelatin. The whipped cream is just as sweet and delicious, it'll just hold its shape for days without deflating or becoming watery.
This stabilized whipped cream recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Or you can use it immediately on your pies, cakes, cupcakes or other desserts. For best results, chill the beaters and bowl before making.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 20 seconds
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the gelatin and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then microwave for about 10 seconds or until liquified but not hot.
- Put the heavy cream into a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on high until it thickens. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Keep beating until thick but not yet at soft peak stage.
- With the mixer going, slowly pour in the gelatin. Beat until soft or stiff peaks form (your preference). Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Note: You can freeze stabilized whipped cream for individual portions. Spoon it onto a baking sheet, freeze, then peel them off and put into a freezer bag or container.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Mixing Bowls $8 & Up
Unflavored Gelatin $2 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.