Easy Pull-apart Bread Recipe: This Bread Recipe Has Several Surprise Ingredients by Melissa Vickers
Have you ever found a recipe you really wanted to try, but maybe didn’t have exactly the right ingredients – and started substituting? My mom cooked like that, and she taught me well.
I wanted to make a bread recipe that started with canned biscuit dough. I knew I didn’t have that, but thought I had a can of crescent dough. Nope. I did have two cans of pizza dough, so I figured that was close enough.
The pull-apart bread recipe called for Ken’s Caesar Salad Dressing. Nope. I thought about just using Italian dressing but decided it needed something to give it a little creaminess, so I mixed Italian dressing and ranch dressing. The end result? Tasty! How close it actually is to the original recipe, I can’t say, but we enjoyed it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing (I used Olive Garden Italian Dressing)
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cans (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated classic pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Here’s how to make it:
- Open cans of pizza dough, but do NOT unroll. Cut the roll into 1/2-inch slices and lay flat on a plate.
- Mix 1 cup of cheese, parsley and dressing in a small bowl. Brush each dough slice with the mixture.
- Stack six slices on top of each other and lay the stacks on their side crossways in a 9x5-inch loaf pan that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the melted butter and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and brush the tops of the slices. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. If it browns too quickly, cover lightly with aluminum foil.
- Break apart and serve with something tasty for dipping, like flavored olive oil or hummus.
Note: The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of Ken’s Steakhouse Caesar Dressing and 2 cans of buttermilk biscuits.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.