Kale Salad Recipe With Jalapeno Mint Vinaigrette Dressing: A Steakhouse Copycat Recipe by Donna John
My husband and I have been eating at Perry's Steakhouse for as long as we can remember. Usually it's their ribeye steak I look forward to, but all that changed when I tried their kale salad with jalapeno mint vinaigrette. You know when you just enjoy something? I mean, really enjoy something? That was this salad for me. So I'm sure everyone knows what I did – recreated it at home.
This kale salad recipe with pecorino cheese, homemade croutons and jalapeno mint vinaigrette is simple, but complex. The cool mint, hint of jalapeno, crisp kale, crunchy croutons and salty cheese just work.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Dressing amount is enough for 2 to 3 servings
Jalapeno Mint Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed for less heat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- bread cubes
- olive oil
- shredded kale, massaged
- shaved pecorino cheese or Parmesan cheese
- fresh sliced jalapeno (optional)
- cracked black pepper
Here's how to make it:
- To make the vinaigrette, put all the ingredients into a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- To make the croutons, put the bread cubes into a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven until dry and golden, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- To assemble the salad, put desired amount of kale onto a salad plate. Top with the shaved pecorino cheese and fresh jalapenos. Drizzle liberally with the vinaigrette. Top with fresh cracked black pepper.
Note: Massaging the kale is optional, but massaging kale helps to break down its tough texture so it's softer and easier to chew.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.