Spinach & Pepper Jack Egg Tortilla Breakfast Burrito Recipe With Salsa by Sarah Amona
Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? I'm making it tomorrow! This breakfast burrito recipe features an easy-to-make egg “tortilla” that is stuffed with spinach, pepper jack cheese (or any cheese you’d like!) and salsa. So healthy and delicious!
To secure the shape of your burrito, wrap aluminum foil around the bottom half of the tortilla after stuffing. Genius.
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 25 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons whole flax seeds
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach, loosely chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Here's how to make it:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the tortilla. Heat a small skillet over medium high heat, and lightly grease with cooking spray. Pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet, and swirl to evenly distribute the eggs on the surface, forming a thin, tortilla- or crepe-like shape. Cook for a couple of minutes until the edges and bottom of the tortilla are firm. Tilt the skillet from side to side to make sure eggs are no longer runny. Gently loosen the tortilla from the surface with a spatula and carefully flip. Continue to cook until eggs are fully set. Repeat with the other half of the tortilla mixture. Set tortillas aside when finished.
- Lightly grease the same skillet and sauté the spinach 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted, over low to medium-high heat. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Place tortilla on a large plate. Add half of the spinach, cheese and salsa to the middle, and then roll into a burrito. Serve immediately.
Nutrition: 350 calories, 17g fat, 19g carbohydrate, 29g protein
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Flax Seeds $6 & Up
Balsamic Vinegar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.