Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Casserole Recipe: It's Mushrooms Time to Shine by Melissa Vickers
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 to 8
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute or 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (divided)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- In batches, add mushrooms, stirring and letting them cook down a bit before adding another handful. Cook until all mushrooms are in the pan and cooked down with some liquid still in the pan.
- Sprinkle flour, salt substitute (or salt and pepper) over the mushroom mix and cook, stirring until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, 1/4 cup Parmesan, 1/4 cup parsley and lemon juice. Transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine panko and remaining 1 tablespoon each of Parmesan, oil and parsley in a small bowl. Mix with your fingers until well mixed. Sprinkle this topping evenly over the mushroom mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until bubbling and the breadcrumbs are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.