Sweet Blackberry Cobbler Recipe: A Quick & Tasty Berry Cobbler Recipe by Melissa Vickers
I love cobblers, and keep trying recipes to find one that the "cobble" part is like what my mom used to make. I’m not sure this is it, but it makes a tasty cobbler!
At one time we had wild blackberries growing on our property. I wish that was still the case! But even grocery store berries work great in this delicious blackberry cobbler recipe. Serve it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 60 minutes
Total time: 1 1/2 hours
- 6 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar, for topping (I just used regular table sugar)
Here’s how to make it:
- Rinse blackberries and put into a large bowl. Add sugar, lemon juice, zest and cornstarch. Stir and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then stir again. Put blackberries in a 13x9-inch baking pan or 3-quart baking dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or pastry cutter, until mixture is crumbly. Pour boiling water into the mixture and stir until combined. Spoon mixture over berries and spread gently to completely cover them. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 55 to 65 minutes.
Note: I cut the recipe in half and used a square baking dish.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
3-Quart Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.