Zesty Tortellini Pasta Recipe With Rotisserie Chicken & Vegetables by Melissa Vickers
Sometimes dinner is planned ahead, before the last trip to the grocery store to make sure I have the specific ingredients I need. Sometimes – like tonight – dinner starts with, “What do I have on hand that needs to be used up?" I either go searching for a new recipe, or I just make it up as I go along.
Tonight was the latter. I had vegetables and rotisserie chicken that needed to be eaten, and I had a package of tortellini pasta. So this tortellini recipe was born. And I’m happy to report it was a success!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 package (12 ounces) cheese and spinach tortellini (I used Barilla Collezione Cheese and Spinach Tortellini), cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 package fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced into rounds and quartered
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into rounds and quartered
- 1 jar (6 ounces) pitted black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing (I used Olive Garden Italian Salad Dressing), plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and asparagus and cook for a few minutes until beginning to soften. Add yellow squash and zucchini and cook until softened.
- Add olives, tomatoes, chicken and Italian dressing. Stir and heat through.
- Toss Parmesan cheese on the top and serve! Add more dressing, as needed.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Spinach and Cheese Tortellini $4 & Up
Black Olives $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Italian Salad Dressing $2 & Up
Olive Oil Salad Dressing $4 & Up
Sundried Tomatoes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.