Zesty Tortellini Pasta Recipe With Rotisserie Chicken & Vegetables by Melissa Vickers
Sometimes dinner is planned ahead, before the last trip to the grocery store to make sure I have the specific ingredients I need. Sometimes – like tonight – dinner starts with, “What do I have on hand that needs to be used up?" I either go searching for a new recipe, or I just make it up as I go along.
Tonight was the latter. I had vegetables and rotisserie chicken that needed to be eaten, and I had a package of tortellini pasta. So this tortellini recipe was born. And I’m happy to report it was a success!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 package (12 ounces) cheese and spinach tortellini (I used Barilla Collezione Cheese and Spinach Tortellini), cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 package fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced into rounds and quartered
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into rounds and quartered
- 1 jar (6 ounces) pitted black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing (I used Olive Garden Italian Salad Dressing), plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and asparagus and cook for a few minutes until beginning to soften. Add yellow squash and zucchini and cook until softened.
- Add olives, tomatoes, chicken and Italian dressing. Stir and heat through.
- Toss Parmesan cheese on the top and serve! Add more dressing, as needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.