Grandma's Old-fashioned Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe Is a Classic by Donna John
When my grandma passed, I got her recipe box. Surprisingly, so many of the recipes in her box were cut off of food product boxes. From dessert recipes to dinner recipes, grandma liked to try recipes from brand names. This old-fashioned Raisin Bran muffin recipe is one of them.
This simple muffin recipe uses that cereal so many of us grew up eating. Serve these easy muffins for a snack or for a quick breakfast. They're best hot out of the oven.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 10 muffins
- 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cereal, milk, egg and vegetable shortening. Beat well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. (You can use baking liners.) Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 25 minutes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Raisin Bran Cereal $3 & Up
Vegetable Shortening $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Recipe Boxes $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.