Easy Honey Walnut Shrimp Copycat Recipe Is a Fast & Flavorful Dinner by 30Seconds Food
There are some really good Asian food restaurants out there, so it's no wonder there are so many copycat recipes out there, too. These black pepper chicken, sweet fire chicken and orange chicken are all delicious, and don't forget the chow mein noodles. But we think this honey walnut shrimp recipe is one of our favorites!
This easy honey walnut shrimp recipe has crispy, juicy shrimp, candied walnuts and a sweet sauce. When you make it at home in about 25 minutes, it's fresh and steaming hot. If you like things saucy, you can double the sauce ingredients. Serve this delicious chicken recipe over rice for a quick and delicious dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- chopped green onion, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the water, sugar and walnuts in a saucepot. Bring to a boil and cook about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool and dry.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until foamy. Add the cornstarch and whisk to combine and make a smooth batter.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet to 350-degrees F. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Dip the shrimp into the batter and then carefully place in the hot oil. Fry the shrimp for about 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove to a paper towel. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Put the drained shrimp into the sauce and stir gently to coat. Serve the shrimp topped with the candied walnuts and garnish with green onions.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Walnuts $4 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Paprika $2 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.