20-Minute Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp Copycat Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Panda Express has some really good Asian food, so no wonder there's so many copycat recipes out there. The black pepper chicken, sweet fire chicken and orange chicken are all delicious, and don't forget the chow mein noodles. But we think we're forgetting something. Yep! The honey walnut shrimp!
This easy honey walnut shrimp recipe has crispy, juicy shrimp, candied walnuts and a sweet sauce. When you make it at home in about 20 minutes, it's fresh and steaming hot. If you likes things saucy, you can double the sauce ingredients. Serve over rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- chopped green onion, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the water, sugar and walnuts in a saucepot. Bring to a boil and cook about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool and dry.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until foamy. Add the cornstarch and whisk to combine and make a smooth batter.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet to 350-degrees F. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Dip the shrimp into the batter and then carefully place in the hot oil. Fry the shrimp for about 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove to a paper towel. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Put the drained shrimp into the sauce and stir gently to coat. Serve the shrimp topped with the candied walnuts and garnish with green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Walnuts $4 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Paprika $2 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.