Lemon, Garlic & Herb Pan-seared Salmon Recipe Is the Easiest Ever by Donna John
Fish is one of my favorite things to eat – especially salmon. Salmon is not only healthy, but is easy and quick to cook. This flavorful pan-seared salmon recipe has all the flavors I love: garlic, lemon and fresh herbs.
This juicy skillet fish recipe has just a few simple ingredients: olive oil, salmon fillets, onion powder, fresh garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh parsley. The salmon is seasoned with salt, black pepper and onion powder before being cooked on one side. The fish is flipped over (a fish spatula is great for this) and the garlic, lemon and herbs are added. Quick and easy!
Serve this easy salmon recipe with fresh vegetables and a salad. If you have leftovers, make salmon salad out of them by flaking it up and combining with mayonnaise and a little Dijon. Or just serve the salmon over lettuce.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (or to taste)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (about 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley or your favorite fresh herbs
- Not a fan of salmon? Try this recipe with your favorite type of fish.
- Use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and the onion powder. Put the fish, flesh side down, into the hot oil. Cook without moving for about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip the fish over and cook another 2 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and herbs to the skillet. Stir, then cover and cook about 3 to 5 minutes or until salmon is cooked to desired doneness.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.