Crispy Thai Baked Chicken Recipe: Flavor-to-the-Bone Chicken Takes a Soak in Tea by Donna John
Ever since reading about using tea bags to infuse grains, I've been intrigued about cooking with tea. When I saw this Thai tea chicken recipe, I knew I had to try it. I changed the baked chicken recipe up a bit by using chicken pieces instead of a whole chicken, and adding parsley flakes and olive oil before cooking. The tea concentrate penetrates the chicken and gives it flavor to the bone. Really good!
Cuisine: Thai / American
Prep Time: 4 to 24 hours
Cook Time: 30 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 45 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 6 - 8 bone-in chicken pieces (I used legs)
- 1 - 2 cups Thai tea concentrate or chai tea concentrate (I used Thaiwala)
- olive oil
- dried parsley flakes
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken into a bowl or plastic zipper bag. Pour the tea concentrate over just to cover. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to overnight. (I marinated mine overnight.) Remove the chicken from the marinade and put it onto an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with parsley flakes and season with salt, to taste.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven until crispy and cooked through, about 30 to 45 minutes depending on chicken pieces used. (Internal temperature should be at 165 degrees F.)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Thai Tea Concentrate $6 & Up
Chai Tea Concentrate $6 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Parsley Flakes $3 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Aluminum Foil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.