Mom's Lemon Chicken Piccata Recipe: You’ll Love the Zesty Sauce in This Italian Chicken Dish by Ann Marie Patitucci
The recipes I trust the most are my (Italian) mom’s, those approved by her and those I find here at 30Seconds. This chicken piccata recipe is mom approved. She’s made this one for years (and it’s been so long she can’t remember who gave it to her!). I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth (we use low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1/2 lemon, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Here’s how to make it:
- Season chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper, to taste. Dredge them in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and pan-fry the chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Do not crowd the skillet; work in batches adding oil as needed. When all the chicken is fried, drain most of the oil from the skillet, leaving only a thin coating in the pan.
- Cook and stir minced garlic in the skillet for about 20 seconds (until fragrant). Pour in the chicken broth. Scrape and dissolve any brown bits at the bottom of the skillet. Add lemon slices, stir and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally, about 5 to 8 minutes, until the sauce reduces to about 2/3 cup.
- Add capers and lemon juice. Simmer until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add butter to the skillet and swirl it around until it is melted and fully incorporated. Add parsley. Remove skillet from heat and set aside. Spoon sauce over chicken pieces and serve over rice or pasta.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Capers $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.