7-Up Biscuits Recipe: 4-Ingredient Buttery Biscuit Recipe Can't Be Beat by Melissa Vickers
The first time I saw this biscuit recipe, I thought, “Really?? 7-Up?” The 7-Up biscuit recipe was so intriguing I had to try it. Oh my! These are the lightest, buttery-est biscuits! I’ve never had the easy biscuit recipe fail, and never opted not to eat more than I should at one sitting.
The easy biscuit recipe has just four ingredients: Bisquick baking mix (or your favorite baking mix), sour cream, 7-Up and butter. Combine the baking mix, sour cream and carbonated soda in a mixing bowl. Knead and fold the dough on a floured surface before cutting into biscuits. Place the biscuits on top of melted butter in a baking dish. Bake until golden.
These tender biscuits smell amazing as they bake in the oven. Serve them for breakfast or brunch with jam, jelly, fruit preserves, butter, honey, maple syrup or whatever you like on your biscuits!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup 7-Up (Sprite works, and even flat 7-Up will work)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place butter in bottom of 11x9-inch casserole dish in the oven to melt.
- Mix baking mix, sour cream and 7-Up. Dough will be very soft, don’t worry!
- Knead and fold dough on surface covered with baking mix (or flour) until coated with your baking mix. Pat dough out and cut biscuits using round biscuit cutter or cookie cutter (I use a small glass).
- Place biscuits on top of melted butter in casserole dish. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bisquick Baking Mix $3 & Up
7-Up $4 & Up
11x9-inch Baking Pans $10 & Up
Biscuit Cutters $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.