OMG Popcorn Chipwiches Recipe: Ice Cream Sandwiches Got an Upgrade by The Popcorn Board
The ice cream sandwich just got an upgrade. And if you love popcorn, you may need to sit down for this! These popcorn chipwiches are downright addicting!
Popcorn adds to the yum factor in this easy ice cream recipe. It'll be your new way to eat ice cream all year and is really easy to make. The easy recipe is made with popped popcorn, light brown sugar, dark corn syrup, butter, vinegar, salt, chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and vanilla ice cream. Think of them as a popcorn ice cream sandwich.
These popcorn chipwiches are really OMG good. Be sure to share with friends and family!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 1/2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 pints brick-style vanilla ice cream
Here's how to make it:
- Keep popcorn warm. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, vinegar and salt. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Continue to cook until hard ball stage (250 degrees F on candy thermometer). Pour syrup over popped popcorn. Stir to coat.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts. Stir just to combine. Pour into two 13x9-inch baking pans, spreading and packing firmly. Cool.
- In each pan, cut 12 rectangles. Cut each pint of ice cream into six slices. Sandwich ice cream between two popcorn rectangles.
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 460 calories, 22 g total fat, 10 g saturated fat, 40 mg cholestrol, 230 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 59 g sugar, 4 g protein and 186 mg potassium
Photos courtesy of The Popcorn Board.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Popcorn $2 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Dark Corn Syrup $3 & Up
Vinegar $1 & Up
Walnuts $3 & Up
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Candy Thermometers $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.