30-Minute Moroccan Meatball Soup Recipe: This Ground Beef Recipe Is Full of Flavor by Donna John
No matter how hot it is outside, it's always soup season to me. Soup is one of my favorite things – year 'round. This Moroccan meatball soup recipe caught my eye not only because it uses ground beef (my freezer is full of it), but that it uses harissa, which is a favorite ingredient of mine.
This flavoful Moroccan meatball soup recipe is easy to prepare and on the table in about 30 minutes. Serve with hot, crusty bread and a salad for lunch or dinner. You could substitute ground turkey or ground chicken.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro (divided)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (about 5 or 6)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons harissa (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin (divided)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup couscous
Here's how to make it:
- Put 1 cup of the cilantro and the green onions into a mini food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely chopped. Put half of the mixture into a bowl. Add the ground beef, egg, 1 tablespoon of the harissa, 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin and salt, to taste. Mix until just combined. Form into approximately 20 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the carrots and cook until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining cilantro mixture, remaining harissa and cumin. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and water. Bring to a simmer and add the meatballs. Gently simmer until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and couscous. Cook until couscous is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Couscous $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Harissa $4 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Mini Food Processors $10 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.