Dairy-free Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe: Delicious Without the Dairy by ChefWave
If you can't eat dairy and think you'll never get to experience a creamy chicken pot pie, think again! This easy chicken pot pie recipe has no dairy, but is creamy, rich and satisfying.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts (2 pie crusts)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup almond milk or oat milk (or your favorite milk)
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup parsnips, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Here's how to make it:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook briefly.
- Whisk in chicken broth and non-dairy milk, stirring until you reach a simmer. Add the vegetables and cook until they become slightly soft, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. Add chicken and set aside.
- Unroll one pie crust and place in a 9-inch glass pie pan. Pour mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with the second crust and seal edges. Cut several slits into the top of the dough with a sharp knife. Place foil around the outer crust to prevent burning.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil from edges and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Allow pie to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Note: You could also bake this in a taller casserole dish instead of a pie plate or in individual casserole dishes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.