This Creamy Broccoli Pasta Casserole Recipe Is a Fork Full of Comfort by 30Seconds Food
Looking for a meal the whole family will love? Look no further than this creamy broccoli pasta casserole recipe. Loaded with broccoli and three types of cheeses, this satisfying dinner recipe is a fork full of comfort.
Pasta is a comfort food ingredient the whole family can agree upon – and the same can be said for broccoli. This easy broccoli pasta casserole recipe is super creamy and cheesy, and we're pretty sure it will be a family pleasin' vegetarian recipe that you'll get asked to make again and again.
Here's what you need in order to make this decadent pasta dinner: pasta, broccoli, butter, flour, garlic, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, shredded Gruyere and mozzarella cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes (will vary depending on type of pasta used)
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta (penne, fettuccine, rotini, cavatappi, etc.)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Baking Pan
- Pasta Pot
- You can use any type of pasta you prefer (regular or gluten-free).
- Feel free to add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes if you'd like some heat.
- Make ahead if you are meal planning, and refrigerate for up to four days.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.
Here's how to make it:
- Add the pasta to a large pot of salted, boiling water. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 1 minute. Taste the pasta and make sure it is al dente. Drain the pasta and broccoli in a colander and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Turn heat to low.
- Add the cream and chicken broth and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add half the Gruyere and half the Parmesan. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pasta and broccoli. Pour into a greased 2.5-quart casserole dish or baking pan. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned on top.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 21.9g
Saturated Fat: 13.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 40.3g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
Total Sugars: 1.2g
Vitamin D: 13mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.