Cheesy Broccoli Pasta Casserole Recipe Will Make the Family Happy by 30Seconds Food
Pasta is usually an ingredient the whole family loves – and the same with broccoli. This easy broccoli pasta casserole recipe is super creamy and cheesy, and will be a family pleasin' recipe that you'll get asked to make again and again. We betcha!
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes (will vary depending on type of pasta used)
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (penne, fettuccine, rotini, cavatappi, etc.)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
Here's how to make it:
- Add the pasta to a large pot of salted, boiling water. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 1 minute. Taste the pasta and make sure it is al dente. Drain the pasta and broccoli in a colander and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Turn heat to low.
- Add the cream and chicken broth and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add half the Gruyere and half the Parmesan. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pasta and broccoli. Pour into a greased 2.5-quart casserole dish or baking pan. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned on top.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
2.5-Quart Baking Dishes $10 & Up
Baking Pans $8 & Up
Pasta $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.