3-Ingredient Homemade Rustic Bread Recipe Is No Knead & No Fuss by 30Seconds Food
While this homemade bread does sit a lot before baking, there's not much you need to do to it. (Time to binge watch that show on Netflix?) This no-knead rustic bread recipe is simple to make and smells heavenly while it bakes.
You'll need a large pot of some kind that has a lid to bake the bread in. A large cast iron skillet or Dutch oven, deep baking dish or enamel pot are good choices. Just make sure there's no plastic on the pot and it can go up to 450 degrees F. You'll also need a few clean kitchen towels.
The easy bread batter is made with all-purpose flour, instant yeast, salt and water. That's it. Simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Serve this bread as a side dish with dinner, or slice and make amazing sandwiches. Store the leftover bread covered on the counter. (What's leftover bread, right?)
If you like this no-knead rustic bread recipe, here are a few more to try:
Prep Time: 12 to 22 hours
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 13 to 23 hours
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let the dough sit for 10 to 20 hours.
- When the dough looks bubbly and smells like beer, pick it up with wet hands and put it on a floured work surface. Shape the dough into a ball and place it on a floured kitchen towel. Sprinkle with a little more flour and cover with another kitchen towel. Let the dough sit for another 2 hours.
- After about 1 1/2 hours of the bread sitting (30 minutes before baking), preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and put either a cast iron skillet, large round casserole dish or oven-safe soup pot in to get hot. (Do not use anything with plastic.)
- When the pot is hot, carefully remove it from the oven and butter the insides. Place the dough inside the pot, cover and put it into the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove the bread, carefully, from the pot and let it cool. Slice and enjoy.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $10 & Up
Cast Iron Dutch Ovens $20 & Up
Baking Dishes $10 & Up
Enamel Pots $15 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Instant Yeast $4 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
Kitchen Towels $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.