Chocolate & Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats Recipe Ups Your RKT Game by 30Seconds Food
Rice Krispies Treats (RKT) are a classic. Period. But imagine adding peanut butter and chocolate to the recipe. Wow, we love these easy chocolate and peanut butter crispy cereal bars!
You could use whatever kind of chocolate chips you like – dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semisweet chocolate. Your call. Take a batch of these to your next potluck, cookout or family gathering and watch them disappear.
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus about 2 hours to harden
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes plus about 2 hours to harden
Servings: Makes about 18
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 bag (10 ounces) mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter, marshmallows and peanut butter together in a large pot over low heat, stirring often.
- When melted, turn off the heat and stir in the cereal.
- Press the mixture into a buttered 13x9-inch baking pan with buttered hands.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 45 to 90 seconds. Stir in the vegetable oil. Pour the chocolate over the top of the cereal. Let the bars sit at room temperature to harden before cutting into squares.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Crispy Rice Cereal $3 & Up
Mini Marshmallows $2 & Up
Peanut Butter $2 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.