Beef Egg Roll Rice Bowl Recipe: A Tasty Ground Beef Recipe Rich in Umami Flavor by Kevin Curry, FitMenCook
FitMenCook hack : Swap the jasmine rice for frozen cauliflower rice or frozen brown rice to cut down on carbs while keeping your prep time short.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 1 to 2
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 8 1/5 ounces cooked jasmine rice (a little over 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 ounces shredded red cabbage (about 1 cup)
- 2 ounces sweet chili sauce (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 ounce soy sauce (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 ounce wonton strips
- 1 teaspoon umami seasoning
Here's how to make it:
Prepare the Ingredients
- Remove stem, seeds and ribs, and cut bell pepper into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Trim and thinly slice green onions on an angle, keeping white and green portions separate.
Cook the Ground Beef
- Place a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef to hot, dry pan. Break up meat until no pink remains and beef reaches a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from burner. Transfer ground beef to a plate. Drain excess grease from pan, if desired. Reserve pan. No need to wipe clean.
Cook the Vegetables
- Return pan used to cook beef to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and bell pepper to hot pan. Stir occasionally until starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cabbage, white portions of green onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir occasionally until peppers are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in ground beef, sweet chili sauce (to taste), soy sauce, umami seasoning and 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from burner.
Heat Rice and Finish Dish
- Carefully massage rice to break up any clumps. Tear a small slit in an upper corner of bag to vent. Place upright in microwave and heat, 45 seconds. Carefully remove from microwave and remove rice from packaging.
- Plate dish as pictured, topping rice with beef and vegetables and garnishing with wonton strips and green portions of green onions. Bon appétit!
Photo: Home Chef
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Wonton Strips $3 & Up
Umami Seasoning $4 & Up
Jasmine Rice $3 & Up
Sweet Chili Sauce $2 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.